2023 APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 23rd, 4:00pm.
Questions should be directed to Ashley Richter United Way of Lee County at 815-284-3339
The United Way of Lee County mini grant program will make awards of up to $3,000 per year to a non-profit organization serving the Lee County area based upon the submission of a simple one-page application form.
- Applicants must be engaged in the work of Health and Safety, Education, basic needs and/or Income Stability. Their program or project should outline measurable goals and objectives and show the benefit to Ogle County.
- They must be a governmental agency program, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, or start-up organizations with evidence of having initiated the process of filing for a 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS.
- Applicants should apply for the amount needed, and will be asked to substantiate that the amount requested is the amount needed. In no case should the amount requested exceed $3,000.
- Grant recipients may need to file written a report 90 days after the receipt of the grant.
- Mini grant recipients are exempt from all blackout guidelines.
- Mini grants will be paid out in August 2023.
- Mini grants will not be awarded to current year or prospective United Way Partner Agencies. Although current or prior United Way Partner Agencies wishing to apply for this grant only in the current year, will be allowed.
- Mini grants will be reviewed and approved by the board of directors during the July 2023 Board meeting and recipients will be notified by the Executive Director before July 31st, 2023.
- Mini grants will not be awarded for event sponsorships. These funds are to be used for a specific program.
* A link to a pdf of your entries will be emailed to you after submission. But you can click below to print the screen at any time.